in Smithtown, NY
Are you feeling less than satisfied with the shape of your breasts following pregnancy or significant weight loss? Want to enjoy firmer, more youthful-looking breasts? If you do, consider scheduling a breast lift consultation with Pincus Plastic Surgery in Smithtown, New York.
It is not uncommon for the breasts to sag following childbirth, weight fluctuations, or as a typical response to aging. This is something that every woman will undoubtedly face at some time in her life. However, just because it is common to experience drooping breasts, that doesn’t mean women just have to live with it. Undergoing breast lift surgery can restore a woman’s breasts to their youthful shape and perkiness.
What Is a Breast Lift?
Breast lift surgery is a cosmetic procedure designed to correct sagging breasts. It involves removing excess skin, reshaping breast tissue, and repositioning the nipple and areola to achieve a more lifted and youthful contour.
This procedure can be received by itself or as part of a more comprehensive procedure.
Am I a Candidate for Breast Lift Surgery?
Am I a Candidate for Breast Lift Surgery?
How Is a Breast Lift Performed?
There are several techniques used for breast lift surgery. Dr. Pincus or Dr. Kirk will determine the best method for your physique, age, and skin tone.
Consultation and planning: Your breast lift process begins with an initial consultation at our Smithtown, New York practice. Our surgeon will assess your goals, medical history, and breast anatomy to create a personalized surgical plan based on your desired outcome and individual characteristics. The four most commonly used breast lift techniques are:
During Your Breast Lift Surgery
- Anesthesia: Each technique is performed under general anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
- Incision placement: Depending on the preferred technique, one of the following incision types is used:
- Crescent lift: This type of breast lift creates a small, crescent-shaped incision above the nipple to remove excess tissue in patients with mild breast sagging.
- Benelli lift: This technique removes a doughnut-shaped tissue section surrounding the nipple, making this method ideal for patients with moderate breast sagging and asymmetry.
- Lollipop lift: For patients with moderate breast sagging and extended nipples, this method lifts low-hanging breasts by removing excess tissue through a lollipop-shaped incision around the nipple and down to the breast crease.
- Anchor lift: For patients with large, heavy, and pendulous breasts, an anchor lift may be the best approach. This breast lift technique involves a lollipop-shaped incision plus an incision along the breast crease to remove excess tissue and reposition the breasts higher on the chest wall.
- Tissue reshaping and repositioning: The underlying breast tissue is lifted, excess skin is removed, and the nipple and areola are repositioned higher on the breast for a more youthful appearance.
- Autoaugmention: Dr. Pincus often performs his signature technique called autoaugmentation. This technique is performed by rotating the patient’s breast tissue on itself to create an appearance that mimics a breast augmentation.
- Closing incisions: Your surgeon meticulously closes the incisions with sutures to achieve optimal healing and minimize scarring.
What Will My Breast Lift Recovery Be Like?
Following a breast lift, you will need a ride home as the residual effects of anesthesia will make it dangerous for you to drive. You must wear a specialized post-surgical support bra for several weeks to protect the surgical site and promote healing.
You may experience minor discomfort that can usually be managed using over-the-counter medications. Most patients can resume their daily activities within a week, although they must refrain from strenuous exercise and activities for up to six weeks.
What Results Can I Expect From a Breast Lift?
As with all cosmetic procedures, results vary with each patient, but in general, breast lift patients are delighted with their firmer, lifted breasts.
What Does a Breast Lift Cost in Long Island?
Your breast lift surgery cost will depend on many factors, including surgical fees, anesthesia, and the extent of correction needed. The best way to learn what your breast lift will cost is by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Pincus or Dr. Kirk. You will receive an inclusive quote at that time.
Interested in a Breast Lift in Smithtown, NY?
Talk to Dr. Pincus or Dr. Kirk to receive a customized treatment plan that will deliver the exceptional results you deserve. You can feel confident about your results with extensive experience in various breast lift techniques.
To learn more about breast lift surgery in Smithtown, New York, contact our plastic surgery specialists to book your confidential consultation today. Call us at 631-352-3556 or fill our online form to schedule your consultation.
in Smithtown, NY FAQs
Q. What happens to my nipples after a breast lift?
A. After a breast lift, the position of your nipples is typically adjusted to a higher location on the breasts. The surgeon repositions both the nipple and areola to create a more youthful and lifted appearance. This can contribute to a rejuvenated breast contour, and the new placement is designed to enhance the overall aesthetic outcome.
Q. Will there be scarring after my breast lift?
A. Yes, scarring is an inherent part of breast lift surgery. The extent and visibility of scars can vary depending on the incision pattern used.
Q. Can I still breastfeed after a breast lift?
A. Breast lift surgery can impact the ability to breastfeed, as the surgery involves repositioning the nipple and areola. The extent to which breastfeeding may be affected depends on the surgical technique used and other factors. Please discuss your desire to breastfeed in the future with your surgeon during the consultation, as they can provide insights based on your specific case.
Q. How long will my breast lift results last?
A. The longevity of breast lift results varies from person to person. Factors such as aging, genetics, and lifestyle can influence how well the breasts maintain their lifted appearance over time. While a breast lift usually provides long-lasting results, the natural aging process will continue, and some degree of sagging may occur over the years. Maintaining a stable weight and following a healthy lifestyle can contribute to prolonged results.
Q. What other procedures can be combined with a breast lift?
A. Breast lift surgery can be combined with other procedures to address multiple aesthetic concerns simultaneously. Standard combination options include the following:
- Breast augmentation: For those seeking both lift and increased volume.
- Breast reduction: If a decrease in breast size is desired along with lifting.
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty): A popular combination for a comprehensive body contouring transformation.
- Liposuction: Often combined to address excess fat in specific areas.